In celebration of the warm response you gave our June and July shows, we are excited to announce that we are expanding our season finale Cascade Finals horse show from two days to three days. We have added new Spotlight classes and made some other changes we are sure you will enjoy. This popular event takes place September 9-11 at the Washington State Horse Park in Cle Elum.
We are working hard on the prize list and will publish it soon. But for now, here is a sneak peak:
Featured Spotlight Classes
We have more fun and competitive classes in store for you in September, including:
- USHJA National Hunter Derby, our signature Derby event presented by Brick Road Farms
- Cascade Hunter Derby, at 2’6″ with 2’9″ high options
- Cascade Mini Prix, our premier Grand Prix-style jumper event set at 1.15m
- Voltaire Design Need for Speed, exciting 1.10m and 1.20m jumper speed rounds
- Rosé All Day Amateur Classic, our deliciously fun fan-favorite, run in the style of a classic hunter hack with a twist!
- Field Hunter Classic, a rewarding single-round event over a Derby-style course with handy elements
- Woodbrook Hunter Pace, the awesome Woodbrook Hunt Club is back to run its popular Hunter Pace over the beautiful Washington State Horse Park cross-country grounds
- .90m and 1.00m Open Jumper Classics
- And more!
We are happy to share that for this show we are moving hunter and equitation competition back into the covered arena, and our jumper competition will return to the outdoor post and rail arena on the west side of the park. Also, thanks to the generous support support of IOS Ranch, young horses (4-5 y/o) and OTTB Thoroughbreds show free! (Some limitations apply; details will be available in the prize list when published.)
For those who would like to show with us without requiring USEF membership, we will have non-rated hunter, jumper, and equitation classes at a variety of heights to choose from. This show will be a great opportunity for those new to the hunter jumper sport, or anyone who simply enjoys showing for fun.
Sponsor Opportunities Available, Feedback Welcome
There are still sponsor opportunities available for this show. If you are interested in supporting great, family-friendly showing in Washington State, please reach out to Jessica Vania via the show office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are putting the finishing touches on our prize list for this event. Our competitions manager Jennifer Hansen would love to hear your ideas and suggestions. Please contact her soon at email@example.com if you would like an opportunity to help shape this show or future Cascade events.
Cascade Circuit Cup Finals
Don’t forget that the Cascade Finals is your last opportunity to earn points toward our 2022 Cascade Circuit Cup awards. Winners will receive valuable prizes and have the distinct possibility of making it onto a future US Olympic Team. (Or at least, the cover of a future Cascade Horse Shows prize list. ?) Plus, all points earned in September will count 1.5x times toward your season total!
The Cascade Finals will cap off our 2022 season with more of our fun, family-friendly showing experience in an expanded 3-day format. Don’t miss it!